Welcome to BabyArmadillo's blog. Here you can find product news, make suggestions and leave feedback, help make BabyArmadillo the shop that *you* want it to be.

Monday, April 16, 2007

what a weekend! or oh how the mighty fall, or something...

Ugh! What can I say?

Friday 13th. I guess it's more bad judgement than bad luck that the lights inside the car were left switched on overnight, meaning my battery was flat when I came to set off. And more bad judgement that I took a wrong turn, and instead of just turning round (which I couldn't do to start with as it was a dual carriageway and no way to cross it) I thought 'there will be a way to get across to the other road.' Well, there wasn't. And somehow I ended up going the whole way round Derby ring road again before coming back to the roundabout. So it wasn't bad luck at all that meant I was setting up for a couple of hours after the show opened :-|

It was definitely bad judgement, but not mine, that chose a venue for a show that only had enough parking for the stallholders and not for customers. That was hard to find, badly publicised and badly set up.

I don't know if I'll do any more shows, and if I do I'll have to do a reccie of the venue first. And I just can't help thinking I could do better myself. But do people really want to go to these things? I'd love to know...

2 comments:

these boots said...

"And somehow I ended up going the whole way round Derby ring road again before coming back to the roundabout."

Oh god I *hate* Derby ring road! Always get confused on it.

Hope your month got better!

Tracy Oldfield said...

The problem was that the directions mentioned the county cricket ground, so when I saw that I turned off the roundabout, when I needed the next exit. duh!